Guest Information and Hut Fees 2013
To help you enjoy your stay we have prepared the following information
You should receive a copy of this information when you make a booking
- you might like to print it out here
(pdf) to bring with you.
1) Welcome! Please book in on arrival and sign in enbloc.
2) There should always be a "Duty Officer" allocated to be
around to help you settle in at weekends and to answer any questions,
issue keys etc. Do ask anyone you meet to tell you who this is.
3) Please pay your hut fees enbloc on the Sunday morning or when you
Prices for are per person per day or part. (Friday evening to Sunday evening
counts as 2 days)
- Members (and clubs with reciprocal rights*) it is £5.00
- Member's children under 16 it is £2.50
- For pre-booked university caving clubs there is a discounted
rate of £6.00
- For all other guests it is £7.00
- Guest's children under 16 it is £3.50
- Fees for camping are the same as above.
- Use of the facilities during the day for any non-resident: £1.00
(in the shower box)**
* CPC, C&C, BEC, MCG, RRCPC and Wessex (please bring membership
** Day visits by members on club business are free.
4) Guest sleeping accommodation is normally as follows (The cottages
are numbered 1-10 from the left as you face the front of the cottages)
- Women only No 6 rear (above main kitchen up ladies stairs – purple
- Men only No 9 front (above long common Rm up gents stairs) - can also
be mixed if it gets busy!
- Mixed No 10 front (above Library up end stairs)
5) Camping is only allowed in the grassed area in front of the cottages.
6) No excessive noise after midnight. The bunkrooms are directly
above the common rooms and kitchen.
7) Cave permits (where necessary) must be arranged before
your arrival. See the Caving
page and click on the cave you want to visit, to find out about Access
8) Every caving party must fill out a trip ticket and hang it on
the destination board, so that we know who is underground and when
to expect their return. See access
page for an example.
9) Guests are expected to clear up promptly after eating and to help
keep the eating and food preparation areas clean and tidy. Spare cleaning
materials are in the cupboard in the Dining Room.
10) The showers and changing areas do get dirty, but it would help
if you could assist by hosing them down after you have used them.
11) Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the cottages. Well
behaved dogs are allowed only in the Small Common Room and the signing
in/telephone area (downstairs of cottage no 8).
12) Please keep the toilet areas clean and tidy. The loo roll stock
is in the loft above the gents toilets area.
13) Guests may use the Library if it is open, but they may not borrow
any materials without permission from the Librarian.
14) If you are the last to leave the building please follow the switching
off instructions on the fuse board in the main passage.
15) If there is a problem please bring it to the attention of the
Duty Officer or a committee member, failing that here are a list of
local numbers you can contact.
- Sue Goodhead 01874 610080
- Les Davies (Ass. Secretary) 01639 730771
We look forward to seeing you!